Psoriasis is caused due to numerous reasons like the heredity factor, metabolic irregularity of proteins and amino acids, skin injury, seasonal changes, allergies and infections. But one could easily fight back with some of the simple and easy home remedies for psoriasis.
- Boil almond powder in water and apply on the affected part. Keeping it overnight yields good and satisfying results.
- Always keep the skin clean and dry. Whenever you wash the affected part ensure that lukewarm water is used. However, try to avoid over washing. This will make the skin more prone to sores and scales.
- One of the most popular and effective home remedies for psoriasis is sandalwood powder. For ages, sandalwood is known for keeping the skin cool and smooth. Applying sandalwood powder mixed with rose water fights psoriasis well, other than sandalwood, diluted solution of limejuice and water is good and effective.
- Vitamins like A, C and E are good for making the skin healthy. Ensure that your diet is covering food that is enriched with these vitamins.
Research has proved that food containing arachidonic acid inflict inflammation to affected area. Red meat and dairy products contain this acid in good quantity. Hence, one of the simplest home remedies for psoriasis is to create a diet plan which will remove or reduce these food items from the every day meals.
- Since, skin becomes dry and patchy in psoriasis it is important to keep the skin well moisturized. Honey is a good option for moisturizing. This will reduce the dryness of psoriasis-affected areas and of the entire skin as well.
- Gourd juice is used in treating psoriasis. As a part of age-old home remedies for psoriasis, it is now recommended by doctors and dieticians. Taking 1 to 2 cups of juice daily on empty stomach is recommended for the patients. Continuing for 5 to 6 months will yield good results.
- In psoriasis itching becomes one of the major problems. In order to reduce itching you can soak your skin in a mixture of water and tar solution or Epsom salts with water. Apply everyday for twice a day and continue for one month. One of the easiest home remedies for psoriasis, this method yields very effective results.
- Natural lotions are also used in treating psoriasis. For years calendula is known to treat any type of skin problems. Calendula oil applied with a few drops of olive oil help in fighting psoriasis effectively. Some of the other well recommended home remedies for psoriasis include avocado oil and gel of aloe vera.
However, one should keep in mind that home remedies take time in curing the disease. One of the best things of home remedies for psoriasis is that they come sans side effects. Instructions should be followed properly and on regular basis to get the best and effective results.